Tuesday 7 August 2012

Altadama's are finally complete!


I have to admit though I've fallen head over heels for light peach Swarovski crystals, I'm so glad to see the back of this project... despite the fact I quite enjoyed doing it & I'm totally in love with the end result. To cut a long story short this should have been a simple straight forward job, however with one thing and another this project got totally dragged out. I loved working on the shoes as they were given a mind blowing transformation & the light peach crystals were very easy to work with. As they are a nude colour they are very on trend for the summer, however due to them being neutral they will compliment many outfits & see you through every season. The nude tone also lengthens the leg & my only complaint is that they're not in my size. They also make ideal wedding heels, which after the big day can be worn over & over again. They would look stunning with a pair of blue denim skinny jeans or ultra hot with a flowing dress. Needless to say I have decided to strass a pair for myself in this gorgeous crystal in the near future.
The shoes were originally patent leather in aubergine & were pretty scuffed in places. Firstly they were re-soled & re-heeled, then deep cleaned, followed by a paint job & then finally crystal strassed.
I can turn around a job like this in around 1 week, providing no other work is on.
The transformation that these have undertaken is proof that virtually any shoe can be given a makeover. I gear my service at different requirements.... Clients that want the latest Louboutin strass trends, though without the 2k plus price tag, clients wishing for a personal customised service (perhaps for a wedding) and finally for those that want to revamp a pair of old heels, that in some cases may appear un-wearable! In most cases I'm able to transform shoes that look like they are ready for the bin, into shoes similar to those with an rrp of £2000.00+ (Obviously these shoes would be of a designer branding to warrant spending the money on the strass service).


No comments:

Post a Comment